Popular Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

" Bathroom"


Today we went to the market called Tetcha Quatche. This is a market where everyone sells what they have hand made. There are many wooden animals, masks, bowls, and clothes that are sold here. Going to the market is rather exhausting. First of all it is so hot and second of all, the venders swarm you. They want you to come to this shop and that shop. Over here you are every ones best friend and they will give their best friends the best deal haha. It is great to feel loved and wanted but it gets very tiring. After the market we set out to Manya Krobo again to teach the womens college. We drove 2 hours and we were not able to teach them. I guess many of the girls did not show up, because there school fees were due today. This means that many of them were probably trying to collect those fees or working to make the money. We went to another village called Kpong ( pronounced Pong). This school is for both girls and boys in high school. We conducted research on HIV/ Awareness as well as taught them about HIV/ Aids. The interaction level was not quit at the same level as it is with the womens college. The students were not as willing to participate.

By far one of the craziest experiences I had today was going to the "bathroom." I have yet to use one of these "bathrooms" today if that is what you even want to call it. Really it is just a cinderblock box with a cement floor and maybe a drain. Lets just say I am going to be very good a squatting when I get home. O, also today was seriously one of the hottest days. I for sure though I was going to get heat stroke. Well that is all for today! Sorry I have to wake up early that is all!


me standing in the "bathroom"
My sweet pants
Braydens allergic reaction

cute little boy
the bottom of the "bathroom" floor. Can you see the drain/ ditch in the back?
more of the "bathroom"
The school in Kpong
Amazing masks at the Teta Quacha market today. This is beading on the mask.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I know those 'bathrooms' very well. That looks better than the ones I used though. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please leave all of your shoes in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! DO you just go in the ditch by the wall then? ha!

    ReplyDelete