Popular Posts

Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's a good night out on the town!

Last night we had a great night at the club here in Ghana. Some of the employees at our hostel thought it would be fun to take us out and it was! We were the only white people in the whole club and were the first to make it to the dance floor. As soon as we all started to dance we caught peoples attention and there were suddenly more people on the dance floor. This club was outside which was really hot, so to cool ourselves down we had some pineapple juice to refresh ourselves. We continued to dance the night away and eventually made it back to the hostel where the Pentecostal church behind us was worshiping till 4:30AM. The way this church worships is by screaming into a microphone, the kind of screaming that pierces the ear.

Today Ahslee and I woke up and headed to Olivia’s who is a seamstress. Olivia lives down the street from us and makes beautiful clothing. I want something that is made just for me to take home. After drawing what I wanted for Olivia it was time to hunt for fabric. We jumped in a taxi to Macola Market which is a little ways away and shopped for a while. I was not able to find fabric that I liked but did find other things including a bunch of new friends! As others were shopping I sat in some of my “friends “ shops played instruments and talked about HIV. After shopping for a while we headed back to our city and went to a high-end fabric shop called Woodin. I got some pretty fabric and took it to Olivia so she can make me a skirt. I hope the skirt turns out the way I have envisioned it.

Today I handed out some of the ties that were donated by Dwan Christensen. I gave them to the employees of the hostel, and will be talking more of them to church with me tomorrow. Thank you Dwan they are a hit over here! We leave for a three day trip to Mole which is at the very northern part of the Country. We are going to Mole National Park to see wild animals. I am very excited but am not looking forward to a 10 hr bus ride. I will blog when I get home on Wednesday.


Getting in front of the fan at the club.
Cute Olivia working so hard in her shop. My dress should be done on Thursday when we get back from our trip.
Charley and Evans

They love love love Obama over here!
Employees at The Pink Hostel. So grateful for their ties!

Learing how to drum with my friend at the market in his shop.
Chillin with my other friends in the back of their shop. We were talking about life and HIV. Man I am going to miss it here!


No comments:

Post a Comment